Thursday, April 9, 2009

Tiger Wood's Return


I just had to write another post because I am currently watching The Masters on my day off school instead of actually going out to play golf on this beautiful day TT only because Tiger Woods much anticipated return happens at this event. If your still following me and haven't already drifted down towards the Son Dam Bi post already, I can honestly tell you, through 9 holes, I am not surprised at his performance (or people might call it a lack of performance). Think about it...Tiger's been out for about 10 months since his surgery last June and people expect him to win the Masters, where the best players around the world come out to win that coveted green jacket? I'm not saying I don't want him to win that jacket or come that much closer to making history by passing Arnold Palmer as the greatest golfer in history, but we can't criticize Tiger or his game just because he doesn't perform at 100% even though he says he's at 100%. Health wise, yes he is at 100%. Psychologically, I'd say he's starting over again at 50% only because he is and has been the #1 golfer in the world and because of his overall, gotta be #1, competitive nature. I mean, he's playing under the pressure of thousands, maybe millions, of fans who expect him to come out of the mist banging out a dominating performance at the Masters. All in all, I'm glad Tiger's back and I'm sure the rest of the golf world does as well because like they say, if you win any tournament without Tiger Woods somewhere on the scoreboard, it's like having an asterisk next to your name saying "Tiger Wasn't Playing."

No comments:

Post a Comment